CORONAVIRUS PASSENGER ADVISORY
As per govt. the mandate, domestic flight operations have now resumed w.e.f. 25th May'20.
However, international scheduled flights operations will continue to remain suspended.
These restrictions will not apply to cargo operations and flights specifically approved by DGCA.
Passengers are requested to get in touch with the airline concerned for more information. We thank you for your cooperation and patience. Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.
1How much early do I have to reach the Airport?
Passengers should reach at least 2 hours prior to domestic flight departure.
2Which Terminal should I go to board my domestic flight ?
All domestic flights are operating from Terminal 3.
3What arrangements have been made for entry into the airport?
To distribute passenger load in the departure forecourt, DIAL has moved from current all gates all airlines to allocation of designated gates to airlines to enter into the terminal building.
All passengers will need to download the Aarogya Setu App on their phones, prior to reaching the airport / at the forecourt itself.
Provisions has been made for thermal scanning of passengers as per Government guidelines
4What are different designated gates for the passenger entry?
We have designated different gates at Terminal-3 as per the airline. The new arrangements is as follows-:
||CHECK IN ROW
||1 & 2
||1 & 2
||3 & 4
||3 & 4
||5 & 6
||5 & 6
|ALL OTHER DOMESTIC
||5 & 6
|INTERNATIONAL REPATRIATION FLIGHTS
||7 & 8
5Where will I get my boarding pass from /Where will be the Airline check-in counters.
Passengers are encouraged to do online check-in .Check-in rows from A to H is allocated for Domestic Airlines. Each airline is allocated a certain number of check-in rows. Passengers for one airline will not be allowed to use facilities designated for another. Boarding pass will be issued by the Airline only after the passenger confirms to the declaration below.
6Who are not allowed to travel?
Any Person who is tested positive for COVID -19 or any person staying in a containment zone should not travel. If a passenger who is not permitted to fly, undetakes an air journey he/she shall be liable for penal action.
7What is Passenger Self declaration ?
Passengers are required to provide declaration for below mentioned points -Passenger Declaration:
- I/We am/are not residing in any containment zone.
- I/We am/are not suffering from any fever/cough/any respiratory distress.
- I/we am/are not under quarantine.
- If I/we develop any of the above mentioned symptoms I shall contact the concerned health authorities, immediately.
- I/we have not tested COVID-19 positive
- I/we am eligible to travel as per the extant norms.
- I shall make my mobile number/contact details available to the Airlines whenever required by them.
- I understand that if I undertake the air journey without meeting the eligibility criteria, I would be liable to penal action.
- I/We undertake to adhere to the Health Protocol prescribed by the Destination State/Union Territories
8Will my baggage be sanitized before they are loaded on the Aircraft?
All passenger baggage will be passed through UV disinfection tunnels at both point of departure and arrival.
9Are there any Food/Lounge/Dining etc facilities at the airport?
Delhi Airport is all set to operate domestic flights from Terminal-3. The food & beverage outlets will be open at T3.
10Is it safe to use washrooms at Airport?
Washroom hygiene has always been a high-priority at Delhi Airport. Washrooms are cleaned and sanitised round the clock.
11What are the sanitation procedures adopted at Delhi Airport?
Delhi Airport has taken the adequate precautionary measures for the safety of its staff and passengers.
The measures, meant to prevent further spread of the COVID-19 virus, include:
- Marked areas outside and inside terminals
- Thermal screening of all passengers
- Provision of hand sanitisers
- Pre-planned seating arrangements in all areas
- Sanitization is being done at regular intervals at the terminal buildings & high contact surfaces. Also, ensuring strict compliance of social distancing norms by the passengers and staff to minimize human contact. Face masks,gloves & Hand sanitisers are available at the Airport Pharmacy.Medical waste is disposed appropriately.
12Can I order place a contact-less food order?
- Passengers would be encouraged to download HOI app, a dedicated AI-enabled app , for contact-less commerce. It can also be used for contact-less food ordering.
- HOI, a cognitive and intuitive travel app, will help the travelers in navigating the airport seamlessly. Contact-less food ordering and payment service is one of the unique features of HOI app.
- Passengers can avail this facility by simply downloading the app on their Android or iOS device, sign-up and add their upcoming flight’s travel details.
- Passengers can use self-ordering kiosk at the food court to avoid queuing. They can also avail of Delhi Airport’s unique food delivery service “Food Genie”. Digital payment and digital menu would be encouraged to minimize contact.
13What are other benefits of HOI app?
Apart from contact-less food ordering feature, this app has several valuable features for both the airports’ passengers, such as real time flight status alerts, boarding gate and belt information, airport facility information, time to gate and waiting estimates, weather at destination amongst others.
14What arranegements have been made at the boarding gate area?
Seating arrangement with marking of chairs for non-usage have been made to ensure social distancing. Queue managers would be deployed for boarding & bussing gates.
15What are various social distancing steps taken by DIAL?
- Social distance marking have been put up at aerobridges, piers, lifts, travellators, etc. Also, provision of hand sanitizers at the exit of passenger bridges /bus gate arrival area have been made.
- All departure baggage would be disinfected at Ultraviolet (UV) light disinfection tunnel, developed by DIAL. Similar SOP is being developed for arriving international baggage.
- Social distance markings have been put up around baggage belts and additional seating arrangement have been made in this area for waiting passengers.
- Social distance markings have been put at all transport waiting areas and SOP is being worked with cab providers for disinfection of cabs before use at airport. Similar SOP for metro & other modes of transport would be initiated.
- Visitors entry into the terminal will remain temporarily suspended.
- To encourage compliance of social distancing norms at the airport, DIAL has deployed additional queue managers at kerb side (city side), check-in halls, security check areas and boarding gates, with social distancing markers/reminders.
- DIAL will encourage all passengers to wear masks and maintain social distancing at all times, to ensure their own safety and well-being.
15Are visitors allowed to enter Terminal?
In the interest of safety, visitors are discouraged from coming to the airport.
16What is the update on International flight operations?
As per the govt. mandate, international scheduled flights operations will continue to remain suspended till 23:59 hours IST of 31st May 2020.
15How can I get more information on COVID-19
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON COVID-19
1What are the basic protective measures against the new coronavirus?
Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak, available on the WHO website and through your national and local public health authority. Most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others.
The thermal screening & quarantine of passengers is being primarily handled by APHO(Airport Health Organization).
2Do we need to wash hands frequently?
Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
3Do we need to maintain social distancing?
Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
4Do we need to avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth?
Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
5Do we need to practice respiratory hygiene?
Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
6When to use a mask?
- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
7When and how to wear medical masks to protect against coronavirus?
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
8Does COVID-19 virus be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates?
From the evidence so far, the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in ALL AREAS, including areas with hot and humid weather. Regardless of climate, adopt protective measures if you live in, or travel to an area reporting COVID-19. The best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 is by frequently cleaning your hands. By doing this you eliminate viruses that may be on your hands and avoid infection that could occur by then touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
9Does cold weather and snow does kill the new coronavirus?
There is no reason to believe that cold weather can kill the new coronavirus or other diseases. The normal human body temperature remains around 36.5°C to 37°C, regardless of the external temperature or weather. The most effective way to protect yourself against the new coronavirus is by frequently cleaning your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or washing them with soap and water.
10If we take a hot bath does it help in preventing the new coronavirus disease?
Taking a hot bath will not prevent you from catching COVID-19. Your normal body temperature remains around 36.5°C to 37°C, regardless of the temperature of your bath or shower. Actually, taking a hot bath with extremely hot water can be harmful, as it can burn you. The best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 is by frequently cleaning your hands. By doing this you eliminate viruses that may be on your hands and avoid infection that could occur by then touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
11Does the new coronavirus be transmitted through mosquito bites?
To date there has been no information nor evidence to suggest that the new coronavirus could be transmitted by mosquitoes. The new coronavirus is a respiratory virus which spreads primarily through droplets generated when an infected person coughs or sneezes, or through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose. To protect yourself, clean your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Also, avoid close contact with anyone who is coughing and sneezing.
12Are hand dryers effective in killing the new coronavirus?
No. Hand dryers are not effective in killing the 2019-nCoV. To protect yourself against the new coronavirus, you should frequently clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Once your hands are cleaned, you should dry them thoroughly by using paper towels or a warm air dryer.
13Can an ultraviolet disinfection lamp kill the new coronavirus?
UV lamps should not be used to sterilize hands or other areas of skin as UV radiation can cause skin irritation.